Vinyl is back in a big way!

Thorens TD165C with AT TK7SU cartridge installed

Vinyl is back. In the last few weeks I have been hauling my records up from the basement and thinking that after all these years it is worth playing them again.

My turntable, a Thorens TD165C is Swiss made and from what I can see on EBay it is now worth more than I originally paid for it as these models and the one up from it, the TD160, are in great demand. Why, the motors never wear out, the belt drive maintains a constant speed and the original tonearms were decent quality for their time and compare well today.

Thorens TD165C belt driven turntable
On May 4th I am heading to the Halifax Record Fair (Halifax, Nova Scotia) where I hope to pick up some "new" records and to buy some needed accessories for my turntable i.e. a record brush, a stylus balance gauge, a tonearm raiser among a others things. I will report on my findings at that time.

Vinyl is king!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes