Stromberg Carlson Grill Cloth Installation

New grill cloth installed
I am nearing the end of this project. The Stromberg Carlson Console model 662 is nearing completion. The final lacquer coats have been applied and grill cloth added this evening. So far I am pleased though I must say that I learned a few things on this project and yes, there is the odd mistake here and there but only if you look close and know what to look for.

The grill cloth comes courtesy of my local fabric store, and for $5.00. I was a little reluctant to spend $25.00 or so plus tax and shipping for something I could easily get locally. Besides it passes for grill cloth one would find for the period.

Next is to reinstall the chassis and apply new decals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Thomas Gothic Beehive Mantle Clock

Seth Thomas Round Top Mantel Clock

No one told me about the last ten minutes